Subject: Edison Coatings System 45

Edison Coatings System 45

From: Paula Artal-Isbrand <paulaartal-isbrand>
Date: Monday, July 23, 2007
Lane Maben Burritt <lburritt [at] johnmilnerassociates__com>

>Has anyone used the Edison Coatings Custom System 45 Patching
>Compound to repair historic brick? I have a contractor on a c. 1815
>Virginia project that is insisting on using it. Any insight would be
>appreciated but specific examples of projects or issues would be
>best.

Custom system 45 products are two-component, latex-modified,
cementicious compounds for repairs to outdoor masonry and concrete.
This product, which comes in multiple colors or can be special
custom-colored for the customer, was also designed to produce
stone-like finishes on a variety of other substrates.  At the
Worcester Art Museum we have used it as a fill material for mosaics
which are housed indoors.

In addition to the system 45 product they have a large line of
products ranging from adhesives, sealants and coatings.  They are
very personable and you can contact the president Michael Edison
860-747-2220) directly with your questions for application on brick.
They have been in the field of architectural restoration for
sometime and have worked on reputable buildings.

You should also check out

    <URL:http://www.edisoncoatings.com>

Paula Artal-Isbrand
Objects Conservator