Subject: Window films

Window films

From: Anne E. Downey <adowney>
Date: Monday, July 16, 2007
I am investigating methods for reducing heat build-up in our library
archival processing area. The area faces west and south, so the
afternoon sun seems to be the primary culprit. We have blinds that
can be lowered, but I am thinking about also getting light-reducing
film applied to the windows. The product literature makes great
claims about the ability of films to reduce heat, but I was
wondering if anyone has had any any actual experience with using
films for this application--either positive or negative.

Anne E. Downey
Head of Conservation
The American Philosophical Society
105 S. Fifth St.