Subject: Stainless steel paper clips

Stainless steel paper clips

From: Cher Schneider <cherward>
Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2007
I am working on a collaborative project. It is a collage of Joyce
Wieland's at the National Gallery of Canada. The biggest concern is
stabilizing the oxidizing metal paper clips that are staining the
pages they are attached to. I am having trouble finding stainless
steel paper clips that come in a variety of shapes. One in specific
is the flat top GEM clip, it has two points at the bottom and is
silver in color. Does anyone knows where I could purchase these
clips or could get handmade stainless steel clips made? I also would
like to know if anyone has had any luck with coating oxidized metal
paper clips?

Cher Schneider
Grad Student, Queen's University
Interning at the NGC