Subject: Moisture meters

Moisture meters

From: Christine Schaette <christine.schaette>
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2007
I have to monitor the drying process of a wooden object and measure
its moisture content. Does anyone have experience with
non-destructive moisture meters for wood and timber? The ones I
found so far on commercial websites do not seem to be constructed
for museum purposes. I need an instrument which is able to measure
the moisture at least 40mm deep into the wood, and which also
provides a setting device for different wood species. It would be
great if anyone can give me advice on suitable equipment and/or can
name suppliers in the UK.

Christine Schaette
Assistant Conservator (Objects)
Riverside Museum Project