Subject: Call for papers--AIC Electronic Media Group

Call for papers--AIC Electronic Media Group

From: Gawain Weaver <gawain.weaver>
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2007
Call for Papers for the Electronic Media Group (EMG)
AIC 36th Annual Meeting
April 21-24, 2008
Denver, Colorado

The Electronic Media Group is calling for papers on digitization and
digital documentation as well as electronic media for the 2008 AIC
36th Annual Meeting held on April 21-24, 2008 in Denver, Colorado.

Collaboration is the theme at the 2008 AIC Annual Meeting. Using
last year's EMG/LCCDG joint session as a jumping off point, EMG will
be collaborating with the Book and Paper Group on issues related to
digitization and digital documentation.

At the 2008 Annual Meeting the AIC Digital Documentation Task Force
will be presenting a summary of the guidelines they are working on
for treatment documentation using digital photography. EMG would
like to complement their work with presentations on aspects of
digital photography for documentation with a focus on the private
conservator and small institution. Digital file storage systems, the
use of metadata, experiences with digital asset management software,
digital photography workflow--we know that these are not areas with
which everyone is comfortable, but EMG's focus at the 2008 annual
meeting is to cut through the jargon and complexity of digital
documentation and provide a forum for us to share what works. No
topic or aspect of documentation is too simple. USEFUL is the key
word. How do we perform these tasks quickly, obtain the highest
possible quality, and organize our files in ways that make sense,
freeing our time for the rest of our responsibilities?

In addition, papers on all aspects of electronic media conservation
are always welcome. The theme of collaboration is very relevant to
electronic media conservators, who often find that the complexity of
electronic media requires significant collaboration. We look forward
to your submissions!

Please send your ideas and abstracts to:

    Gawain Weaver
    <gawain.weaver [at] gmail__com>
    EMG Program Chair

Or, if you would like to discuss your ideas, please call
718-666-6251. Deadline for submissions is August 15 2007.

Gawain Weaver
Andrew W. Mellon Fellow
Advanced Residency Program in Photograph Conservation
George Eastman House

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 21, 2007