Subject: pH meters

pH meters

From: Carolyn Frisa <cfrisa>
Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2007
We recently purchased a hand-held Myron L digital pH meter for use
in our regional paper and book conservation lab. However, we have
had some problems with it. Myron no longer makes this model, so we
are looking into other options. What other hand-held meters are
other conservators are using these days? We currently use this meter
to test aqueous baths (water, calcium hydroxide, ammoniated water,
etc.). We are also wondering if anyone knows of a good probe meter
that is easy to move around the lab could be used for testing
surface pH of paper.

Carolyn Frisa
Associate Paper Conservator
Northeast Document Conservation Center