Subject: de Kooning palette

de Kooning palette

From: Kenneth Smith <ksmith>
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2007
I am looking for help with any published information (journals,
books or online) regarding pigments used by Willem de Kooning.  If
you have any familiarity with these materials especially those used
in media besides oil paint (i.e. enamel, watercolor, gouache) I
would appreciate getting information on where I can locate that
data.  Pigments of particular interest are chrome yellow,
ultramarine and iron oxide pigments.  The main period of interest is
the mid 1950s.

Kenneth J. Smith Ph.D.
Center for Art Materials Analysis, Inc.

                   Distributed: Friday, June 29, 2007