Subject: Tendering for collection removals in emergencies

Tendering for collection removals in emergencies

From: Victoria Hobbs <victoriah>
Date: Thursday, June 21, 2007
As part of the planning process for Business Continuity I have been
asked to research if any museums have a tendered agreement in place
with removals firms for the large scale evacuation of collections to
an agreed destination in the event of an emergency. I have not heard
of any such arrangements being common place so would be interested
to hear from staff at museums that do have such plans in place.

Victoria Hobbs
Conservation Officer (Acting Conservation Manager)
Nottingham City Museums and Galleries
Brewhouse Yard
Castle Boulevard
Nottingham UK NG7 1FB