Subject: Lining table available

Lining table available

From: Isabelle Duvernois <isaduvernois>
Date: Friday, June 22, 2007
Commencing in August, the Sherman Fairchild Painting Conservation
Center of the Metropolitan Museum will be undergoing a full
refurbishment. As part of the planned changes and upgrades we are
intending to replace our present hot table. Bill Maxwell constructed
the table for the department in 1974. It measures 12 x 8 feet, has a
1/2 inch thick aluminum tabletop with an auxiliary low-pressure top
table also designed by Bill Maxwell. It is in working order but
anyone seriously interested in taking the table should contact the
department for further details on 212-650-2135 or email Morgan
Spatny <morgan.spatny [at] metmuseum__org>.

Although there would be no charge for the actual table, the new
owner would have to pay the costs of deinstallation and transport.
Please note: (1) the table will be delivered "as is" with no
warranties or guarantees and (2) all contractors working on site
will require the appropriate level of insurance cover.

Isabelle Duvernois
Assistant Conservator
Paintings Conservation Department
The Metropolitan Museum of Art