Subject: Stained glass

Stained glass

From: Christopher Gray <methistory>
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Lisa Fox <lisa.fox [at] sos__mo__gov> writes

>...  My parish has allocated money for a significant project
>to restore our stained-glass windows.  We have discovered that some
>of the lead is deteriorating, and the wood around some of the
>windows is rotting. We also plan to replace the deteriorating,
>yellowed Lexan (?) with a newer protective covering.
>
>We are marooned here in the Midwest ...

The National Parks Service has a great series of Preservation
Briefs--including one on stained glass

    <URL:http://www.nps.gov/history/hps/tps/briefs/brief33.htm>

Preservation types get their britches twisted when you put the Lexan
back on. And smile when you say "marooned", ma'am.

Christopher Gray
NYC via Kansas City

                   Distributed: Friday, June 29, 2007