Subject: Ultrasuede

Ultrasuede

From: Paul Himmelstein <aandh>
Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2007
I have been asked about the possibility of using black "ultrasuede"
as a covering fabric inside an exhibition case for books.  Has
anyone looked at the off gassing potential of this material?  I
realize that synthetic,imitation suede is made by a number of
manufacturers  I have no idea who makes this particular one.  I seem
to remember someone saying that the basic material is fairly stable,
but that may have been cocktail talk at an AIC meeting!

    **** Moderator's comments: Toray Ultrasuede (America), Inc. See
    <URL:http://www.ultrasuede.com/about/faq.html>

Paul Himmelstein
Appelbaum and Himmelstein