Subject: Position at Northumbria University

Position at Northumbria University

From: Ailsa Cloughley <ailsa.cloughley>
Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Conservation of Easel Paintings
Northumbria University

Salary UKP28,290 - UKP48,162
Ref. ASS06/17

With a vision to become one of the world's leading teaching and
learning universities, and based in the vibrant city of Newcastle
upon Tyne,Northumbria University is a successful organisation that
is committed to the personal and professional development of all of
its staff.

The School of Arts and Social Sciences is made up of an exciting mix
of Arts, Humanities and Social Science disciplines. We have an
excellent reputation for our learning and teaching and our research
in Art Conservation, Art History, Criminology, English, Fine Art,
Contemporary Photographic Practice, History, Media,Modern Foreign
Languages, Performing Arts, Public Policy, Politics and Sociology.
We attract high calibre students from both home and abroad and our
graduates are at the cutting edge of their disciplines.

There is a strong commitment to developing high quality research.
Our links with professionals and outside agencies provide
opportunities for research and enterprise, workplace learning, staff
exchanges, student internships and the sharing of best practice. The
School hosts the Glenamara Centre for International Research in Arts
and Society and the internationally recognised Centre for Public
Policy. It is also submitting staff into 5 UoAs in the RAE 2008.

The Art Conservation Unit offers a highly regarded MA Conservation
of Fine Art. We will look to you to proactively collaborate with
colleagues, initiate new research projects and generate external
income, as well as supervising PhD students and contributing to our
RAE 2008 submission in Art History.

You will be an academic coordinator, experienced in practical
conservation equivalent to the ICON P.A.C.R scheme, as well as in
undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. An expert in both the
practice and theory of conserving traditional easel paintings,
including contemporary works of art, you will also be a highly
organised and innovative researcher.

Please clearly identify in your application which level of post you
are applying for. If selected for interview for the reader position,
this will involve an additional interview on 28 June 2007.

Closing date: 12 June 2007. Interviews to be held on 27-28 June
2007.

Applications can only be accepted when made on the official
application form which you can request from
<URL:http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/vacancies>, by telephoning
+44 191 227 4321 during office hours, or by writing to:

    Human Resources Department
    Northumbria University
    Ellison Place
    Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8ST

Please quote appropriate reference.

Northumbria University is an equal opportunities employer and
welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.

Ailsa Cloughley
Marketing Assistant
Northumbria University
1st Floor Trinity Building