Subject: Terminology

Terminology

From: Clare Finn <finnclare>
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2007
The ICON Terminology Group is compiling a database of publications
on conservation terminology to establish what is available to
conservators by trawling a number of online library catalogues. The
current list is available at

    <URL:http://www.icon.org.uk/
        images/stories/downloads/terminology.pdf>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

and is available to non-members. To make this database as
comprehensive as possible we would ask anyone who knows of anything
on conservation terminology that we have overlooked to contact us
with the relevant bibliographic references.

    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to the author
    and if of general interest post it here as well

Currently due to our limited resources the data concentrates
largely,  though not exclusively, on publications dealing with the
English language and is quantitative rather than qualitative. Please
let us know what we have missed out.

Dr. Clare  Finn
Clare Finn and Co. Ltd
38 Cornwall Gardens