Subject: Reversibility of Paraloid B-72

Reversibility of Paraloid B-72

From: Lena Tietjen <lena-t>
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2007
I am working on a bronze object that has been consolidated with
Paraloid B-72 three years ago. This is my Diploma project for
Object conservation at the Fachhochschule fuer Technik und
Wirtschaft in Berlin. I am asking myself now, if someone has
experienced that Paraloid B-72 is not soluble after a certain
period of time. Although Paraloid does hardly change with time, it
might get irreversible after 10-20 years. Has someone tried to
dissolve Paraloid after more than 10 years?

Lena Tietjen
FHTW (Fachhochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft) Berlin

                   Distributed: Monday, May 28, 2007