Subject: Terminology

Terminology

From: Arantza Garcia <agarcia>
Date: Monday, May 14, 2007
Saba Risaluddin <sabar [at] bih__net__ba> writes

>Can anyone help translate or explain the word "korpozna" as
>qualifier for "tempera", please? ...

This is just an idea that crossed my mind:

In Spanish when referring to a dense painting i.e. a paint layer w/
good covering properties, we might say "tempera con cuerpo" or
"cubriente, espesa". In Italian as well the word "CORPOSO, CORPOSA"
might be used to define this property in paintings.

I do not know if this would be of any help, but it might make sense
it that context.

Arantza Garcia
Area de Conservacion
Museo Guggenheim Bilbao