Subject: Arman sculpture

Arman sculpture

From: Shelley Reisman Paine <shelley>
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2007
Has anyone worked on sculpture by Arman, where objects are imbedded
in synthetic resin?  The type of resin is not identified at this
time.  I just examined one that fits into a pedestal frame.  There
are a couple large areas of loss around the perimeter which the frame
does not disguise.  I would like to know how these sculptures have
been treated in the past no matter what conditions were present.

Shelley Reisman Paine
Sculpture and object conservator
Nashville, TN

                   Distributed: Friday, May 11, 2007