Subject: Colour measurement

Colour measurement

From: Eva Antonsen <eva.antonsen>
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2007
Queensland Art Gallery is starting a project on colour measurement.
More specifically we will be looking into measuring colour changes
in transparent resins and daylight fluorescent paint.

We have the article "Daylight Fluorescent Colors as Artistic Media"
by Ellis, M. H., McGlinchey, C. W. and Chao, E. which talks about
colour changes in fluorescent paint (Day-Glo), but we have not been
able to find anything on colour measurement of transparent resins in
relation to conservation.

Does anybody know about any relevant literature or have knowledge
about studies in this field? We are also interested in knowing if
you know about equipment for these specific purposes. Something
portable or at least for non-destructive measurements would be
preferable.

Eva Antonsen
Conservator and intern
Queensland Art Gallery