Subject: SPNHC survey

SPNHC survey

From: Gretchen Anderson <gretcha>
Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2007
The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections
(SPNHC) has designed a survey to gather opinions about SPNHC from
our colleagues who are not SPNHC members.

In 2006, a sessional committee on Long-Range Planning was formed.
One of the committee's charges was to develop and conduct a survey
of the SPNHC membership to learn more about its composition and
membership perception of the society.   This survey has been
distributed to our membership.   A companion survey was also created
to help SPNHC understand how other members of the collections
community perceive SPNHC and the activities in which we are
involved.  The survey is anonymous and consists of 18 questions
which should take 5-10 minutes to complete.

Please see

     <URL:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=563253506155>

and complete the survey by April 21, 2007; we plan to tabulate the
results and report significant findings to the SPNHC membership at
the Annual Meeting in May.

If you work with natural history collections, we would very much
appreciate your time in taking our survey.  The feedback we receive
will help formulate the future directions of the society.

Tim White, President
Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections

Gretchen Anderson
Conservator
Science Museum of Minnesota

                  Distributed: Friday, April 13, 2007