Subject: Publication sought

Publication sought

From: Alan Phenix <aphenix>
Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2007
    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to the author.

I am looking for a copy of a book to buy and wonder if any
subscribers to the Conservation DistList might have a copy they are
willing to sell privately, or know of a source for it.

The book is :

    Tingry, P.F. (Pierre Francois), 1743-1821. The painter's and
    colourman's complete guide: being a practical and theoretical
    treatise on the preparation of colours and their application to
    the different kinds of painting, in which is particularly
    described the whole art of house painting.  London: Sherwood,
    Gilbert and Piper. 1830

I have tried all the usual second-hand book sources, but have not
been able to locate a copy.

Alan Phenix
Scientist, Museum Research Laboratory
Getty Conservation Institute