Subject: Bookdrops

Bookdrops

From: Patricia Smith-Hunt <patricia.smith-hunt>
Date: Friday, March 23, 2007
A colleague in access services is interested in purchasing a more
"preservation oriented" book drop. I believe this issue has been
raised before, but I would like to know if anyone can provide
information and/or resource sites for book drops which are less
harmful to library materials. Apparently some attempts have been
made to soften the blow, but the reality is that materials are still
at great risk. I should add that removing the book drops is probably
not an option.

Patricia Smith-Hunt, Ph.D
Head, Preservation Services Dept.
University of California, Riverside