Subject: AIC Annual Meeting--addendum

AIC Annual Meeting--addendum

From: Katherine Holbrow <kholbrow>
Date: Monday, March 26, 2007
One of our members, Gordon Lewis, has proposed an interesting
additional event for those attending the annual meeting in April,
2007.

Williamsburg, VA is home to a large Asian antiques gallery, TK Asian
Antiquities <URL:http://www.tkasianantiquities.com/> that offers
authentication, conservation, and restoration as part of its
services.  The Williamsburg location (it has another gallery in NYC)
is equipped with very good analytical capabilities.  The analytical
laboratory was established in response to the flood of asian fakes
on market, and Gordon feels that conservators might find it very
educational to visit.

Because TK Asian Antiquities is in Williamsburg (not Richmond),
those of you who are signed up for the Colonial Williamsburg tour
might find it easy to see both on the same day. The afternoon of the
Colonial Williamsburg tour (Tuesday, April 17, 2007) is left open
for rambling, and I understand it is a quick cab ride to the gallery
from there.

Gordon is willing to organize a group for those interested.  You can
contact him directly at gal [at] art-conservation__org.

Katherine A. Holbrow
OSG Chair
Head, Objects Conservation Department
Williamstown Art Conservation Center