Subject: Conservation of chemical collections

Conservation of chemical collections

From: Elzbieta Djupsjobacka <elzbieta.djupsjobacka>
Date: Sunday, March 18, 2007
I have recently completed an extensive cataloguing and conservation
project for an upcoming police museum in Tampere. In the process of
this work I ran into challenges pertaining to the conservation of
chemicals present in the collection. Based on these experiences and
previous education (master's in polymer chemistry and bachelor's in
textile conservation), I have decided to write a master's thesis on
the subject of conserving chemical collections and other difficult
substances such as foodstuffs, cosmetics, and medicines.

I would be grateful for any information and experiences on the
subject you may be able to share. I would also appreciate any
contact information available to which I might direct further
queries.

Elzbieta Djupsjobacka
Conservator
Textile and Leather Conservation Studio