Subject: Oil on acrylics

Oil on acrylics

From: Yonah Maor <yonahmaor>
Date: Thursday, March 15, 2007
Many modern artists are painting in oil paints on acrylic grounds
(most pre-primed canvases are primed with acrylic). These paintings
don't normally exhibit any special problems, but on occasion the
paint layer has been known to separate from the ground. I am
researching the cause for this delamination for my master's thesis.
I would like to hear from anyone who has seen examples of such
delaminations. I'd appreciate learning about any other interesting
interactions between painting layers, since I may be able to expand
my research on delaminations.

Yonah Maor
MAC candidate
Art Conservation Program