Subject: Replicating bronze sculpture

Replicating bronze sculpture

From: Christabel Blackman <christabel1>
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2007
Helen Privett <hprivett [at] museum__vic__gov__au> writes

>We have had a request for a replica to be made of a bronze sculpture
>in our collection.  I would appreciate any advice regarding the best
>moulding process to use.  I'd also appreciate any advice from
>Australians regarding access to and experiences with non contact
>replication methods (ie. laser scanning).

There is very interesting replica by laser scanning work being
carried out by the people at Linsiger in Austria:

    <URL:http://www.linsinger.at/index_kultur.php?page=scanning>

The person to contact is Andreas Halander.  I came across their work
in the exhibition at international conference on the use of lasers
in conservation: <URL:http://www.lacona6.at/>

They are helpful and informative and may be able to put you in
contact with a fellow australian.

Christabel Blackman
Painting Conservator

                  Distributed: Friday, March 16, 2007