Subject: Source for soft weights

Source for soft weights

From: Debra Evans <devans>
Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2007
I've located a source for Scuba pouch weights, useful for various
conservation procedures.  We have used these weights in the Legion
of Honor paper lab for about 13 years and they have held up well and
maintained a nice appearance.  The ones we've used are turquoise in
color, weigh 2 pounds, measure 4 1/2 X 3 inches and are made of lead
shot enclosed in 1000 denier cordura fabric (think backpack material
with an interior coating).  They are available from Aqua Toys at
1-800-423-7989 (talk to Mark or Elaine) at $1.35/lb. plus shipping.
Other sizes in addition to the 2-lb. weights are available.

Debra Evans
Head of Paper Conservation
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
Legion of Honor, Lincoln Park