Subject: Carbon ink

Carbon ink

From: Xuhua Zhan <sylviazhan>
Date: Monday, February 26, 2007
I am a MA conservation student from Camberwell College of Arts. I am
doing my MA research about ancient carbon ink, especially those were
used in Asian countries.

I am looking for an article or book by Li Hsiao-mei, entitled "MO
P'u Fa Shih" (Handbook of ink recipes and inkmakers), in Mei Shu
Ts'ung Shu, published by Yee-wen, in Taipei, in 1947.

I have searched the British Library, as well as the relevant journal
websites.  But I couldn't find it. I got the notes of this book from
an article "Chinese Ink and Inkmaking" by Lily Chia-jen Kecskes,
published on Printing History 15, Vol8, No,1 1986. If anybody know
where to find this article, please feel free to give me information.

Xuhua Zhan

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 6, 2007