Subject: Online book conservation courses

Online book conservation courses

From: Eric Pourchot <epourchot>
Date: Thursday, February 22, 2007
Simona Budassi <sbudassi [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I'm an Italian book conservator and currently engaged in a PhD
>three-years research project on e-learning. Since I'm interested in
>realizing an on-line course on book conservation, I'd like to know
>whether there are already other such on-line courses.

Here are a few online courses and tutorials that you might want to
look at:

    A great many online resources from Harvard University Libraries:
    <URL:http://preserve.harvard.edu/resources/preservation.html>

    State Library of Alaska has a book repair tutorial:
    <URL:http://www.library.state.ak.us/hist/conman.html>

    Northeast Document Conservation Center is currently re-working
    its ground-breaking "Preservation 101" online course:
    <URL:http://www.nedcc.org/education/online.php>

Eric Pourchot, Ph.D.
Professional Development Director
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
1717 K Street NW,  Suite 200
Washington DC 20036
202-452-9545, extension 12
Fax: 202-452-9328