Subject: Studentships at RCA/V&A

Studentships at RCA/V&A

From: Joanna Baden <joanna.baden>
Date: Thursday, March 2, 2006
Three new studentships available
Royal College of Art/Victoria and Albert Museum
Conservation, Post-graduate training and research

Please Note:  The deadline for applications for MA Studentships has
been extended to Friday 24 March 2006.

RCA/V&A Conservation is pleased to announce a new MA topic for
2006-2007:

     MA Conservation and Mounting of Costume (with the V&A)

In addition, we are also accepting applications until the extended
deadline for the following places at MA level:

      MA Conservation of European Portrait Miniatures (with the V&A)

      MA Conservation of Textiles (with the V&A - two or three years
      depending on experience)

      MA Conservation of Furniture and Woodwork (with the V&A)

We also encourage applications from conservators in employment who
wish to develop their knowledge and skills to MA level within our
study programme See further details at:

    <URL:http://www.rca.ac.uk/pages/study/new_inpost_ma_for_2286.html>

Applications for research at MPhil and PhD level continue to be
invited, particularly in contextual and theoretical aspects of
conservation within the following fields:

     Materials and Practice in Art
     Historical, Social, and Artistic Contexts for Conservation
     Decision Contexts for Conservation

In addition, we are inviting MPhil applications for a research at
the V&A Museum into:

     The Conservation of Friable Surfaces on Paper

Potential applicants are strongly advised to speak to a member of
Staff.

See further details at

    <URL:http://www.rca.ac.uk/pages/study/studentships__1403.html>

or contact

    Joanna Baden
    RCA/V&A Conservation Department Administrator
    Royal College of Art
    Kensington Gore
    London SW7 2EU
    +44 20 7590 4532