Subject: Lecture on Saint Catherine Monastery

Lecture on Saint Catherine Monastery

From: Mary Oey <moey>
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2007
Lecture on the Recent Conservation Projects at the Library of Saint
Catherine's Monastery

Duke House Lecture Hall
Institute of Fine Arts, New York University
1 East 78th Street
New York, NY 10021
March 28, 2007
Wednesday, 28 March 2007
6-7pm

The Conservation Center of the Institute of Fine Arts at New York
University presents a special lecture:

   "The Library of Saint Catherine's Monastery, Mount Sinai - Recent
    Conservation Projects:

       "Where we are now, how we got there and where we go next"

            Dr. Nicholas Pickwoad, Professor and Project Leader
            Camberwell College of Arts, The University of the Arts,
            London

       "John Climacus in Los Angeles: Conservation of MS. Greek 418
        for the 'Holy Image, Hallowed Ground: Icons from Sinai'
        exhibition at the J. Paul Getty Museum"

            Andrew Honey, Senior Conservator
            Bodleian Library, Oxford University

       "Hierarchical structure for conservation documentation--an
        application to bookbinding recording"

            Dr. Athansios Velios, Research Fellow
            Camberwell College of Arts, The University of the Arts,
            London

Limited Seating. Please RSVP to conservation.events [at] nyu__edu

                  Distributed: Saturday, March 3, 2007