Subject: Lab lighting

Lab lighting

From: Heather Bleechmore <heather.bleechmore>
Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2007
The conservation lab at the Australian Museum is investigating
improvements that could be made to our current lab lighting which
would take into account that we do not have access to natural light.
Our labs (dry and wet areas, and workshop) are currently lit by
fixed rows of fluorescent lights in the ceiling and we use mobile
lights for task specific lighting. However we are interested in
finding out if there are any lighting standards (apart from health
and safety standards) recommended for conservation labs that have
been used by other labs either in a general upgrade or new facility.

Heather Bleechmore
Conservator
Collections Integrity Unit
Australian Museum
6 College Street
Sydney  NSW  2010
Australia

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 14, 2007