Subject: Window shades

Window shades

From: Joan Binzen <jbinzen>
Date: Thursday, February 1, 2007
We are about to purchase light filtering and sun insulating shades
for a school library housed in an older building.  The room has two
groups of five, unobstructed, 78 inches high, windows, facing due
east and due west, respectively.  These library building is at a
high elevation and consequently is fully open to all light and heat
fluctuations.  We would like to purchase shades having optimal light
filtering capability, and heat reducing insulting properties, as
well, and would appreciate any suggestions and information.

J.C. Penny advertises a PVC solar mesh roller shade, made in China
or Taiwan, about which they can provide no additional information.
We would also like to hear from anyone who has experience with or
knowledge of this product.

Joan Binzen
Millbrook School
Millbrook, NY

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 7, 2007