Subject: Course on diagnostic imaging and photodocumentation

Course on diagnostic imaging and photodocumentation

From: Ioanna Kakoulli <kakoulli>
Date: Monday, February 5, 2007
"Diagnostic Imaging and Photodocumentation of Archaeological and
    Cultural Materials"
Course
ICCROM, Rome
8-22 June 2007

Partners: Cotsen Institute of Archaeology at UCLA, ICCROM and Los
Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)

How do we photograph and record an object of cultural significance?

What methods can we use to be able to enhance important details? How
can we bring to light erased or faded marks? What can we do to see
beyond what is visible with the naked eye? In most academic
curricula in conservation, "documentation for conservation" has
become part of the core teaching and an integral part of diagnostic
imaging. This two-week summer course, a collaborative initiative
between the Cotsen Institute of Archaeology, UCLA, the Los Angeles
County Museum of Art(LACMA) and ICCROM aims to provide students and
mid-career professionals in conservation and other related fields
the opportunity to develop skills in photo-documentation and
diagnostic imaging.

Application Deadline: 16 March 2007

Enroll early, as places are limited.

A full description of the course and information on the application
process is available at <URL:http://www.ioa.ucla.edu/ICCROM.php>

Contact Person:

    Ioanna Kakoulli (D.Phil.)
    Assistant Professor of Archaeological Materials Science and
    Conservation Materials Science and Engineering Department with
    joint appointment in the
    UCLA/Getty Archaeological and Ethnographic Conservation Program
    A410 Fowler Building
    Los Angeles, CA 90095-1510, United States
    310-794-4915
    Fax: 310-206-4723
    310-440-6900 ext: 1987 Office, Getty Villa, Malibu
    kakoulli [at] ucla__edu

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 7, 2007