Subject: Source for polyester sleeves sought

Source for polyester sleeves sought

From: Susan Martin <smartin>
Date: Monday, February 5, 2007
Lisa Fox <lisa.fox [at] sos__mo__gov> writes

>For a special project, we need to sleeve some large architectural
>drawings. We need 130-150 Melinex L-sleeves, 42 x 67 inches. ...

An excellent source for custom Melinex envelopes is

  Atlantic Protective Pouches
  c/o Wally Haine
  PO Box 1191
  Toms River NJ 08754
  732-240-3871

I checked with Wally, and he can edge-seal Melinex as large as 60
inches wide x 100+ inches long. He works with 3, 4 and 5mil. He says
that to fabricate edge-sealed envelopes as large as the 42 x 67 inch
requested, and the turnaround time could be 6-8 weeks. I have
recently had envelopes in several different sizes made by Atlantic
Protective Pouches and they were absolutely perfect.

Susan Martin
Gladys Brooks Book and Paper Conservation Laboratory
The New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue, Room 550
New York, NY  10029
212-822-7364
Fax: 212-419-3665

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 7, 2007