Subject: Storing paintings

Storing paintings

From: Eva Storevik Tveit <estveit>
Date: Monday, January 8, 2007
In connection with my MA (Master) thesis regarding, among other
things, the difficulties concerning permanent/temporary storing of
large sized paintings on rolls, I am interested in other museums
possible practice concerning rolled paintings. Do you have
paintings/ or painted fabrics, permanent or temporary stored on
roll? Which methods/materials do you use? What is your experience
with this way of storing: do you observe any damages on the
paintings? Do you have methods to measure how the paintings are
behaving on roll?

I am also interested in getting as much information as possibly
about the subject, and advice on finding current literature.

Eva Storevik Tveit
Paintings Conservator at Munch-museum
Postboks 1453 Vika
0116 Oslo