Subject: Integrated Pest Management Working Group Annual Meeting

Integrated Pest Management Working Group Annual Meeting

From: Rachael Arenstein <rachaelarenstein>
Date: Sunday, January 7, 2007
We are currently accepting requests for a spot at the 2007 IPM
Working Group Meeting to be hosted by the American Museum of Natural
History in New York City, February 26-27, 2007.

The IPM Working Group is a group of museum professionals from
various disciplines dedicated to the development of pest management
resources for the general museum community.  The goal of the working
group meeting is not to teach IPM, but rather to focus on
deliverables to make IPM easier for museum staff. We recognize that
every museum has similar challenges with regards to pest management.
We hope that the working group can help solve problems while
alleviating the need for every museum to come up with their own
solutions.

Some of the practical deliverables from the previous two meetings
include the museumpests.net website; a free pest manager
downloadable database, the museum pest mailing list; an on-line
questionnaire about pest management practice and needs in museums,
selected IPM bibliographies and presentations, and a list of IPM web
links.  All of these are accessible from
<URL:http://www.museumpests.net>

This year's meeting will allow for continued work on the long-term
goals for each sub-committee:

    Pest Imaging/Identification Aids
    Software for Mapping and Monitoring
    Standards/Best Practices for IPM
    Data Collection
    Treatment
    Web Resources

As with the previous meetings, we want to stress that this is not a
review of IPM and the purpose of the group is not to teach IPM, but
to develop resources for the museum community. Participants should
expect to take an active role in discussing and setting goals, and
to leave with an assignment to be completed during the year.

For more information on the working group please see
<URL:http://www.museumpests.net>. If you would like to attend the
meeting, please contact Rachael Perkins Arenstein
<rachaelarenstein [at] hotmail__com>.  Please put "IPM Working Group RSVP"
in the subject line of the email. E-mail without this subject line
will not be opened.  In addition, we have space during the session
breaks for a limited number of short presentations on pest
management issues; if you are interested in giving a presentation,
let us know when you respond to the invitation.

                 Distributed: Monday, January 15, 2007