Subject: Shelving

Shelving

From: Birgitte Speake <birgitte.speake>
Date: Thursday, December 21, 2000
We need to add shelves to an existing (Dexian) system in one of our
stores. Unfortunately the specifications have changed since the
system was bought and the shelves now come galvanised as standard.
The cost of having the shelves painted is prohibitive.  We would
like to know what are the main problems with using galvanised
shelving in an objects store.

Birgitte Speake
Head of Conservation
Pitt Rivers Museum
University of Oxford
South Parkes Road
Oxford OX1 3PP
+444 1865 281958
Fax: +44 1865 270943

                Distributed: Thursday, December 21, 2000