Subject: Zin Shofu paste

Zin Shofu paste

From: Maria Fredericks <mf360>
Date: Monday, December 18, 2000
Our lab recently received a shipment of zin shofu, the Japanese
precipitated wheat starch, that reeked of acetic acid when we opened
the bag.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  The vendor says
that although his back stock also smells, I am the first person to
call and express concern about it.  Should I not be worried?

Maria Fredericks
Head, Conservation Lab
Columbia University Libraries
109 Butler
535 West 114th St.
New York, NY 10027

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 20, 2000