Subject: Source for Gore-Tex polyester felt laminate

Source for Gore-Tex polyester felt laminate

From: Cliff Gothorp <cliffg>
Date: Wednesday, December 20, 2000
Deborah Bede <stillwaterstudio [at] conknet__com> writes

>I have been trying to buy some of the Gore-Tex polyester felt
>laminate for use in humidification treatments.

As a European Distributor supplying Gore-Tex for a number of years
to Conservators we have also offered Sympatex.  However the grade of
Sympatex we supplied as an alternative to Gore-Tex has also been
discontinued.

Since Gore-Tex and Sympatex are required by many Conservators we are
researching new alternative materials.  These are currently being
tested by major British institutions.  Once the tests are completed
we will again be able to offer a suitable grade of Sympatex.

Out of interest Sympatex is much less expensive than Gore-Tex.

Cliff Gothorp
Preservation Equipment Ltd
Vinces Road
Diss
Norfolk IP22 4HQ
England
+ 44 1379 647400
Fax: + 44 1379 650582

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 20, 2000