Subject: Source for Gore-Tex polyester felt laminate

Source for Gore-Tex polyester felt laminate

From: Deborah Bede <stillwaterstudio>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2000
I have been trying to buy some of the Gore-Tex polyester felt
laminate for use in humidification treatments.  When I couldn't find
any from the usual suppliers, I talked to a couple of people at
Gore.  The information I received is that the previous distributor
(Talas) has declined to continue the relationship with Gore because
of a price increase.  Gore, in turn, has decided to discontinue the
manufacture of this product, apparently at least partly because they
didn't know of any other possible distributors.  I did offer to give
them some names, but didn't get a response.

Does anyone know of any supplier who might still have a stock of
this material?  Or of another material that could be used the same
way?  I asked about other Gore products, but they didn't have any
suggestions.

Deborah Bede
Stillwater Textile Conservation Studio, LLC
196 Old Warner Road
Bradford, NH 03221
603-938-2310
Fax: 603-938-2455