Subject: Window covering

Window covering

From: Christine Del Re <delre>
Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2000
I am researching window screens/shades that I have seen in a number
of other museums that reduce the amount of daylight coming through
windows into exhibit galleries.

I have found a product which is visually acceptable and cuts
incoming light by various percentages depending on the mesh chosen.
These window screens are made by Phifer Wire Products in AL and from
the MSDS and product literature appear to be a fiberglass screen
base (36%) coated with a PVC coating (64%).

Since I have seen these in so many institutions, I am wondering if
the PVC type are the ones that others are using, or are there other
window screens from different sources made of different materials?
Has anyone done any testing Oddy or otherwise for this or similar
products? Is there info on this somewhere that I have overlooked
that you could refer me to?

Chris Del Re

                Distributed: Thursday, December 7, 2000