Subject: Lacquer screen

Lacquer screen

From: Rebecca Pavitt <rpavitt>
Date: Friday, November 24, 2000
This is posted for John Ramsden, materials analyst, who is looking
for information about lacquer finishes.  The item in question is a
relatively modern, lacquer (?) finished, Vietnamese  screen with
mother-of-pearl inlay whose finish may have been damaged by a
proprietary glass cleaner containing a modified alcohol.  I offered
to try and find people who know about these things for him.  His
e-mail address is jramsden [at] canspec__com, or I can pass on
information/names to him.  Thanks.

Rebecca Pavitt
Paper conservator
Vancouver, B.C.

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 29, 2000