Subject: UV-filtering glass

UV-filtering glass

From: Peter Krantz <bkfndrs>
Date: Friday, November 24, 2000
Jennifer Baker <jdbaker [at] together__net> writes

>I am looking for a source for laminated glass for a display case
>that is both highly impact-resistant and blocks UV light.  So far I
>have been able to find one or the other, but not both in one
>product. The glass panels need to be about 4 ft. sq.

We were recently looking for UV laminated glass for our conservation
workshop, and found Pilkington, the worldwide manufacturer of all
types of glass.  They manufacture a range which combines laminated
UV filtering with high impact-resistant qualities.  Such glass is at
least available here in Australia, and also the UK.   Pilkington
North America should also carry such a range.

<URL:http://buildingproducts.us.pilkington.com/specialty/content.htm>

Peter Krantz.
Book Restorations
Sydney

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 29, 2000