Subject: Book repair kit

Book repair kit

From: Ann Morgan Dodge <ann_dodge>
Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2000
I am curious to know if others know anything about this. I am not
willing to spend $125 to find out if it is as bad as I think it
might be. If you don't receive their catalogue, the Signals URL is
<URL:http://www.signals.com> Enter reading as the keyword, the kit
is on the third page.

The Holiday issue of the Signals catalogue features a "Booklover's
Repair Kit" (page 13) The description is as follows:

   "First aid for your favorite books, this kit comes with
    everything you need to mend tears, reattach loose pages,
    reinforce covers, flatten wrinkles or folds, fix corners, repair
    dust jackets and dry water damage. 9-1/2 x 11-3/4 x 4-1/2 box
    includes neutral pH adhesive, mending tissue, red cotton tapes,
    erasers, archival mat board, clamps, artist brushes, cotton
    gloves and much more plus a 160-page instruction manual. The
    perfect gift for the bibliophile. #88156  $125.00

Ann Morgan Dodge
John Hay Library
Brown University

                 Distributed: Monday, November 20, 2000