Subject: Rouault

Rouault

From: Hans-Christoph von Imhoff <xoph>
Date: Saturday, November 18, 2000
Marla Curtis <mcurtis [at] phillipscollection__org> writes

>At The Phillips Collection we have a small group of Rouault
>paintings and works on paper.  I am studying Rouault's technique of
>painting with oil on paper mounted to canvas.

You may try to contact Paolo Cadorin via Monique Veillon
<mveillon [at] magnet__ch> in Switzerland. I know Paolo has been working
on Rouaults on paper and has been studying the subject intensively.
But he is not the only one. To my recollection there have been
several papers on the subject--but this particular moment I have no
access to the details on the respective publications. You certainly
should call upon Danihle Giraudy <giraudy [at] culture__fr>, curator on
20th. century art at the conservation research facilities of the
French national museums at 6 Pyramide in the Louvre, Paris.

Yes, there are several French conservator associations. Your best
bet to get the information about specialized conservators in France
is to get in contact with David Cueco at d.cueco [at] easynet__fr, former
(?) president of one of them and/or with Stiphane Pennec at
lp3.conservationsp [at] wanadoo__fr, another former president.

    **** Moderator's comments: Actually Marla Curtis had asked about
    the existence of online mailing lists for conservators and/or
    members of related fields, but the text was slightly garbled by
    my carelessness, for which I apologize.

HCI

                 Distributed: Monday, November 20, 2000