Subject: Heating

Heating

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh>
Date: Monday, November 13, 2000
heating elements embedded in a concrete floor, I can see two
potential problems. One is that anything embedded in concrete
presents obvious problems when something goes wrong; it is always
better to have complete access to electrical lines and anything else
that may need looking after. (If the proposal involves wiring in
direct contact with the concrete, then problems with eventual
corrosion may occur.)  The second is something I found in a domestic
installation:  it is very uncomfortable to stand for a long time on
a warm floor.

I strongly suggest that you get names of other places the company
has installed this type of heating and talk to the people who use
it--not administrators, but the people who work in the space and
maintain the systems.

As for the effects on humidity, these are no different for different
heating systems except to the degree that different systems permit
different levels of control.

B. Appelbaum

                 Distributed: Monday, November 13, 2000