Subject: Wet treatment of Matisse pochoirs

Wet treatment of Matisse pochoirs

From: Jonathan Derow <derow>
Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2000
I have been asked to do some wet treatment (water-washing to reduce
acidity and discoloration, stain removal) on a group of Matisse
color pochoirs from the Jazz series.  I am told by the owner that
they are "very delicate", whatever that means.  Does anyone have any
experience with wet treatment on this series?  Any suggestions,
including "Don't go near them" would be appreciated.

Jon Derow
Brooklyn, New York

                 Distributed: Friday, November 10, 2000