Subject: Mounting Chinese scroll

Mounting Chinese scroll

From: Christine Mouw <christine.mouw>
Date: Thursday, October 19, 2000
I am looking for suggestions on how to mount a paper Chinese scroll
for a temporary exhibit.  The scroll is large: 11 long by 6 feet
wide.  I have not been told if it will be exhibited vertically or
horizontally.

My instinct says to put it on a inert board of some sort for support
and hold it in place with plexiXXX rods, but I am looking for
suggestions on what kind of support board and any other suggestions
people can give or different ideas.

Christine Mouw
Assistant Curator
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum
West Branch, Iowa  52358

                 Distributed: Monday, October 23, 2000