Subject: Workshop on health and safety

Workshop on health and safety

From: Craig Deller <craig>
Date: Friday, October 20, 2000
Workshop: Safety and Health in Museums
Monona Rossol from Arts, Crafts and Theater Safety (ACTS)
Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum
1300 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Friday, November 3, 2000
9:30am to 4:30pm

Ms. Rossol will cover applicable laws and standards, worker/employee
obligations, strategies to make it work, basic concepts of
occupational health and toxicity, precautions and hazards/
precautions for types of materials. There will be handouts on topics
like mold, carpets, and after disaster. There will also be a
publications list. Please feel free to XXXing your questions and
concerns.

Ms. Rossol has been brought to Chicago through a grant from the
Illinois Humanities Council and through financial assistance from
the Chicago Area Registrars Council, the Chicago Area Conservation
Group, and the Midwest Registrars Committee. A special thank you
needs to be given to Elizabeth Marston of the Elgin Area Historical
Society and to Pat Miller of the Illinois Heritage Association for
assistance with the grant from the Illinois Humanities Council.

Ms. Rossol will start at 9:30am. We will take a 1 hour lunch break.
Participants are welcome to bring their lunch. The Adler's cafe,
lileo's, serves a variety of salads and sandwiches; but depending on
the size of e group, I will need to know how many are interested in
purchasing lunch. I might have to have it brought to the lecture
hall. Also, if you need to leave early or arrive late, we can
accommodate you. The goal here is to t everyone who wants to attend
this workshop the ability to do so. RSVP Please call Devon
Pyle-Vowles at 312-322-0821 by Wednesday, October 25th We can have
late RSVPs, but not after Tuesday, October 31st

Craig Deller
President / CACG

                 Distributed: Monday, October 23, 2000