Subject: Source for markers

Source for markers

From: Sharlane Gubkin <sxg7>
Date: Friday, October 20, 2000
Conservation Resources item #  EFWM-780, costing $4.50 each.
Contact:

    Kathy Hollinger
    Conservation Resources International
    1-800-634-6932

I was also fortunate to receive an extra fine (0.5mm) point Zig
Memory System Opaque Writer from Bob Strauss at Preservation
Technologies, who got it from a scrapbook store in Pittsburgh. I do
not know of a general distributor for this marker, but it works very
well and the circumference of the pen itself (not the point) is
thicker than the other markers if you prefer a thicker grip.

Ken Marks, who had worked at North Carolina State University, also
had an excellent suggestion to use standard white ink and an
architect's pen to write the labels and then spray them with clear
acrylic.

At the library where I worked, I used standard white ink and an
architect's drawing pen to correct spine errors. Then I sprayed the
spine with clear acrylic. This seems to have worked just fine in our
libraries at North Carolina State University. Ken Marks

                 Distributed: Monday, October 23, 2000