Subject: Films on preservation

Films on preservation

From: Cathleen Mook <cathy>
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2000
The planning for the next PARS "Two Thumbs Up" Preservation Film
Festival (ALA Annual 2001 meeting in San Francisco) is starting to
move into high gear.  The planning Task Force will be meeting in DC
to determine which films/videos will be shown at the 2001 Fest. We
have the list of films shown at the 1995 and 1998 Fests and will
start with that group.  In addition to those films, we are also
looking to update our lists with any titles produced within the last
4 to 5 years.  I am hoping you all can point me in the direction of
any preservation related (care and handling,
environment/storage/exhibits, binding/book repair, reformatting,
education and especially disaster preparedness since we will be in
earthquake country.) films that we could include in the Fest.

If you have a title in mind, please email it to me and also let me
know where I can find it.

Cathleen L. Mook
Head, Preservation Department
Smathers Library
University of Florida
Box 117007
Gainesville, Fl 32611
352-392-6962
Fax: 352-392-6597

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 18, 2000